All that is golden is not gold, It may be turmeric also
Here are some very important time tested MEDICINAL benefits of using turmeric in day to day life TO REMAIN DISEASE FREE. Have a look!
- Turmeric is a healer. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
It has the power to heal injured skin. Mix some turmeric powder with plain sterile water to form a paste and apply on the cut skin. Do this twice or thrice a day until you get healed skin.
- Curcumin is a compound present in turmeric which affects the body on molecular level and acts as an anti-oxidant which can prevent many chronic and serious illnesses such as Alzheimer, other neurotic conditions including depression, and cancers etc. by neutralizing and blocking free radicals inside our body.
- Turmeric or curcumin is an anti-oxidant spice itself and after ingestion it boosts body’s own immunity mechanism.
- It is power packed to relieve you from chronic dry cough.
- It also helps in strengthening our heart health by working on the endothelial cells inside the blood vessels.
- It successfully addresses arthritis conditions especially inflammatory arthritis.
- If taken regularly, it makes your skin healthy , clearing away acne completely.
- It is also applied topically for beauty benefits such as melasma cure , suntan removal , teeth whitening etc.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
These properties of turmeric can be utilized by :
- Mixing quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk or just with plain lukewarm water, and taking it twice a day.
- It can be used in cooking recipes of vegetable curries or broths as done in Asian countries.
- It is also available in capsule forms which are easy to swallow with some water.
- For beauty benefits, please refer the beauty bunch series section on this blog.